Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Mieu


I rarely blog about my struggles. I aim to share the beautiful, happy things in my life and the sweet, touching encounters I came across. I wanted my blog to be a place where readers can enjoy, relax and join me in appreciating these beauties (dare I say that would include my jewelry pieces? At least, those are beauties in my eyes.)

Today is different. I want to share my fears and struggles. In a short 1.5 yrs, I have switched 3 jobs. 2 were because there were financial problems with the companies. Tomorrow, I will resign from my 3rd job. This current one was and still is a struggle. I can't write as well as what the bosses want... As a result, I struggled every time I need to write a submission to them, and my job requires me to write write write every day, almost every minute. This is a total nightmare. Frankly, I don't understand why the department is structured this way, why things are done in this manner. No need to ask anyone, the system doesn't allow such questions anyway.

In my sadness, I drew "Mieu" during lunchtime today. This is how I feel now.

3 jobs in such a short time, interviewers asked me why. So did my friends. "Again?" they asked. Please don't say that to your friends if you ever come to know their career is not as smooth. "Again" is not an encouraging word, though it is a normal reaction.

I guess I have vented enough. Apologies this entry is not as happy as the past. Please give a little encouragement to me if you are being prompted in your heart. Thanks...



2 comments:

Christie, Describe Happy said...

Don't beat yourself up over this. Bottom line I commend you for not trying to force yourself to do stuff that just at the end of the day doesn't make you happy. Not an easy decision, but in the long run it sounds like it is what is good for you! You have to put you first.

Vanessa said...

just one comment to this struggle? I can relate to the struggle, because i'm at my third job, and I'm looking for another job.And now it's again this urge to leave as soon as I can, and just trying to keep myself decent in still being there...
I hope you'll find yours as I hope to find mine so badly also... I'm mean the place where we should be!