Wednesday, September 24, 2008

EtsyBloggers Blog Carnival - Work: anything to do with your work which is outside of Etsy

Our etsybloggers carnival's topic for this round is on our work - anything to do with our work which is outside the etsy world.

I would talk about my job then. I am an Intellectual Property Manager with a fuel additive company. Previously I was trained in the area of patent when I was working for the country's patent office. As I am not an engineer, it takes alot more reading and understanding for me to prepare myself before I start a particular task. For example, to do a proper preliminary patent search on topics relating to fuel additives, I need to read and research quite a fair bit to gain basic understanding before any decent search can be done.

Besides patent work, I also handle Trademark related matters for the company. This is a new area for me but it is definitely easier than working on patent matters.

Having a patent and trademark agent working for us makes my life much easier but it does not remove my responsibility to monitor and ensure that everything is running smoothly for the company. It also means that I have to always keep myself updated with the developments in the IP world.

Here's one interesting blog which I subscribed to:- http://ipkitten.blogspot.com/ There are alot of interesting articles and updated court cases to read. If you are interested in this subject matter, check out their blog. =)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a diverse group we are. I bet if we played a game of who did what work outside of here, we'd all likely get it wrong!

Your job sounds very interesting, sometimes boring, and very busy. Though I bet you have learned oodles!

How long have you been working there?

Phoebe said...

Hi dear, thanks for dropping by. =)

Oh yes, it would be tough to play such a game. **grin** I worked with the country's patent office for about 6 years and with this present company about half a year.

storybeader said...

That sounds like very complicated business there. A lot riding on your shoulders. No wonder you like to escape with art...

joeyandaleethea said...

Definitely sounds like lots of research! Thank you for participating in this EtsyBloggers blog carnival.

Jen (Mama's Magic Studio) said...

So neat to find out what folks do! Thanks for sharing!