Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas




Christmas is a time to remind myself the precious truths... In very simple terms, it is - Christ is with me, in me and will be with me and in me forever. I was reading the "Holy Experience" (blog by Ann Voskamp) and was touched by what she wrote:-

"On the eve of the darkest night of the year, the old demons, anxiety, discouragement and ugly perfectionism slink up through the shadows. My skin crawls with the darkness. Tears don't wash me clean.

I'm overwhelmed by some projects greater than my skillset, by to-do lists with more items than moments in my day. There isn't enough of me and and what there is of me seems impotent and I'm groping for grace. It's easy to forget the truth in the dark. Sadness wrings the bones dry and finally late I give up, find my way to bed, pull the covers high...."

This is precisely what I have been experiencing for the past few weeks, especially these few days! Hubby frowned whenever I buried myself in the endless piles of work - no time to rest, smile or stop to appreciate what is around me.

"During the darkest days of the year, the world celebrates that Light has come into the world, a dawning over the land of the shadow of death, and in the warmth of that halo, we have hope....


Lord God... I simply Come to the Light.
That's all I need this Christmas.
In the dark, to rest in the healing warmth of You."

May this Christmas be a special day for you... May He touch you and remind you that you are never alone.

(Photos from Flickr. Hover mouse to photos for exact image address. Thanks to the talented photographers for the excellent photos!) 

1 comment:

Il Mare Atelier said...

Hi Phoebe, I understand how you feel... take care, merry christmas and I wish you all the best in 2010!