Saturday, November 08, 2008

Things I love about Korea (Part 1)

As some of you know, I went Korea middle of last month for about 10 days. Here's a list of things I **LOVE** about the country.

1) Public toilets

Yes, this is top on my list!

Korea's public toilets are impressively clean and well maintained. In Singapore, it is easy to find dirty toilets in parks, tourists' spots and even in some shopping centers. But in Korea, to find a dirty one is so rare. During our 10 days tour in the beautiful country, we went to tens of public toilets and so far, I only encountered one single toilet which I consider as dirty. This is truly amazing.

Someone once said the degree of cleanliness of the public toilets reflect the depth of a country's people. How true do you think of this?

2) Jeju Island



Jeju island is beautiful, especially the Sunrise Peak. If I ever visit that lovely island again, I would want to walk all the way up to the top of the peak. Love how the waves hit on the rocks and the sweet little flowers that grow on the hills.

I also love the Teddy Bear Museum because it showcases all the cute bears from the Korean drama serial "Gong" or "Princess Hour". I was so happy when I saw them and insisted hubby to take pictures of me with all these bears. Unfortunately, I didn't like the ones they sell in the souvenir shop. So that's a happy wallet at the end of the day.

3) BBQ


Ever tried Korean BBQ? Hubby suggested to try authentic Korean BBQ for dinner one night after our shopping. And it was soooo good! We sat on the floor before a large table and shortly after we ordered our food, we were served with lots of side dishes (lots of kimchis made of different vegetables). Then came the juicy yummy beef chunks and beef slices, mushrooms and more vegetables. WOW! The meal was not cheap but we were so happy and full.

Before I end Part 1 of my list, here are more pictures I took. =)




No comments: